There are advantages of having a built-in grill in your home, whether in your patio, or backyard. Built-in grills are customizable. You can make it the focal point of your patio by adding drawers, burners, or other accessories to accentuate your home.
Another advantage is that built-in grills add to the value of your home. Most are made from high-quality stainless steel which is easy to maintain. With proper maintenance, it will last for many years.
Lastly, built-in grills are less prone to breakdown or repairs. Stand-alone or portable grills are more likely to be dented, or damaged since they are moved around and exposed to the elements. So with all that being said, let’s find out the Best Built-In Grills For 2022 and what made them special.
Top 6 Best Built-in Grills
1. Napoleon BIP500RBPSS-3 Built-in Prestige 500 RB Gas Grill Head, Stainless Steel
When we hear the name Napoleon, most of us think about the French Military General and Statesman who led many successful battles.
But there is no battle involved with the Napoleon Grills, especially Napoleon Built-In Prestige 500 Gas Grill. It has already won. With its simple elegance and stunning looks, this built-in grill is sure to win many hearts.
With 4 stainless steel main burners that produce 66,000 BTUs of cooking power, this is a powerful grill. An infrared rear rotisserie burner is perfect for rotisserie meals. The 760 square-inch cooking surface is more than adequate to grill your favorite burgers, steaks, sausages, and more.
The stainless steel iconic wave cooking grids are good for heat retention for even cooking and searing that leaves its sought after marks on the meat. The instant Jetfire ignition ensures a fast start of the burners each time. The night light control knobs with safety glow adds elegance to the unit. An accu-probe temperature gauge ensures proper monitoring of the food that’s being cooked.
This is a great built-in grill that doesn’t only look good, it also performs really good.
- 4 stainless steel main burners
- Infrared rear rotisserie burner
- 760 square-inch cooking surface
- Napoleon signature stainless steel iconic wave
- Instant Jetfire ignition system
- Night light control knobs with safetyglow
- Accu-probe temperature gauge
- A bit difficult to clean
2. Turbo 3-Burner Built-In Gas Grill – Natural Gas
The Turbo 3-Burner Built-In Gas Grill – Natural Gas is a composed of three high-performance burners for precision cooking. Made of 430 stainless steel construction, it has a 610 square-inch cooking area. Total cooking power for all three main burners combined is 36,000 BTUs.
It has a Radiant Heat System (beveled high-grade ceramic briquettes for even heat across your grill). A built-in temperature gauge ensures that food is monitored for optimal cooking. Cooking grids and stainless steel burners have a lifetime limited warranty. A separate rotisserie kit is optional and sold separately.
- Made of 430 stainless steel construction
- Three high-performance burners for precision cooking
- 36,000 total combined BTUs cooking power
- 610 square-inch cooking surface
- Radiant Heat System for even heat across the grill
- Built-in temperature grill
- Lifetime limited warranty for cooking grids and stainless steel burners
- Rotisserie kit is optional and not included
3. Blaze Built-In Grill with Lights (BLZ-4LTE2-NG), 32-inch, Natural Gas
Blaze Built-In Grill with Lights is made from 304 stainless steel grill body construction which makes it highly durable. The 4 cast stainless steel burners provide 14,000 BTU each, and a rear infrared burner with 10,000 BTU of cooking power.
Flame ignition provides reliable starting, while flame stabilizers prevent flare-ups and an even cooking surface. It’s great for simultaneous grilling with its heat zone separators. It’s not prone to discoloration and excels in heat retention.
- 4 cast stainless steel burners
- 304 stainless steel grill body construction
- 66,000 total BTUs including rear infrared burner
- Flame ignition for reliable start
- Flame stabilizers prevent flare-ups
- Heat zone separators and excellent heat retention
- Lacks electronic features that appear in luxury models
4. Kenyon B70400 Texan All Seasons Built-In Electric Grill
The Kenyon B70400 Texan All Seasons Built-In Electric Grill has two (2) 1500W heating elements in direct contact with the cooking surface for efficient grilling. Marine-grade stainless steel, guarantees rust-proof for life. Approved for both indoor and outdoor use.
It has two independent lids for separate zone cooking. Preheat in less than 7 minutes at 600⁰F. It has a built-in timer with automatic safety shut off. Cooking grates have a non-stick coating to provide easy wipe down in between uses. They are also dishwasher safe.
- Two (2) 1500W heating elements for efficient grilling
- Marine-grade stainless steel, guarantees rust-proof for life
- Approved for both indoor and outdoor use
- Two independent lids for separate zone cooking
- Preheat in less than 7 minutes at 600⁰F
- Built-in timer with automatic shut off
- A bit expensive
5. LION L75000 Built-in Premium BBQ Liquid Propane Grill
The Lion L75000 Built-in Premium BBQ Liquid Propane Grill is made from 301-16 gauge commercial grade stainless steel construction.
With a 5 Lion Quick Lite valves, and an 830 square-in cooking surface that can accommodate 25 regular sized burgers. With a double layer seamless welded stainless steel smoker head with polished edges. It also has premium solid stainless steel cooking grates that allow heat evenly for optimal cooking of food.
It has an infrared rotisserie back burner and 5 commercial-sized push to turn knobs. It’s equipped with an XL temperature gauge for easy monitoring of temperature. It also has 2 interior lights for nighttime cooking. An adjustable warming rack for extra cooking surface or for simply warming food.
Lion is so confident of their cast-iron burners that they are giving them a lifetime warranty.
- 830 square-inch cooking surface
- 5 Lion Quick Lite valves
- Premium solid stainless cooking grates
- 5 commercial sized push turn knobs
- XL temperature gauge
- 2 Interior Lights for nighttime cooking
- Adjustable warming rack
- Lifetime warranty on cast-iron burners
- Flare-ups tend to occur when grilling heavy amounts
6. Twin Eagles Built-In Salamangrill (TESG24-N), 24-Inch, Natural Gas
The Twin Eagles Built-In Salamangrill features a gas infrared burner that heats to 1,700 degrees in just 90 seconds. This helps to sear your steaks or meat to perfection without any flare-ups. It features a 15,000 BTU cooking power that heats up quickly and allows you to seal the juices in your meat.
A four-position carriage offers the capability to cook a pizza in four minutes, steaks and fish in six minutes, and chicken in approximately eight minutes, while a sliding cooking rack allows for easy placement of food.
A 13-inch pizza stone is included. User-friendly electric ignition and a vinyl cover that protects your grill from the elements.
- Infrared burner heats up very fast
- 15,000 BTU cooking power
- Easy to clean
- Four-position carriage offers the capability to cook multiple foods fast
- User-friendly electric ignition and vinyl cover for the grill
- Not too easy to clean
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do built-in grills usually cost so much more than regular grills?
It depends on the size, quality of the materials, and features. These usually determine the cost of the grill. There are stand-alone grills that cost more than some built-in grills so it depends on all those factors.
Can I use a regular grill for a built-in?
No. Built-in grills are specifically made to be incorporated on a standard space. Regular grills are usually made for outdoors and their features are not intended for indoor space.
How far should a built-in grill be from the house?
While the consensus above is at least 3 feet away, the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission states to place the grill at least 10 feet away from a house or building. Additionally, you should not use your outdoor grill in enclosed spaces such as a carport, porch, shed, garage, or inside a home or building.
Built-in grills are a great addition to any household. Oftentimes they become the focal point and centerpiece of a patio or kitchen. Mostly made of stainless steel, they are not only functional as a major piece of cooking equipment, but they also become part of the theme or décor of your house.
That’s why choosing the right built-in grill for you must be both based on features and design. You can also add on to your built-in grill or at least prepare for additional burners or drawers, whatever the case may be. You must also consider that it could become an extension of your entertainment area and so you may want to put it in a place where friends and family have a place to sit down, relax and enjoy.
So while enjoying restaurant-grade quality food from your built-in grill at the comfort of your home, you also feel good about the look and feel of your patio or kitchen, because you’ve made the right decision of choosing the built-in grill that complements your style.
- Top 6 Best Built-in Grills
- 1. Napoleon BIP500RBPSS-3 Built-in Prestige 500 RB Gas Grill Head, Stainless Steel
- 2. Turbo 3-Burner Built-In Gas Grill – Natural Gas
- 3. Blaze Built-In Grill with Lights (BLZ-4LTE2-NG), 32-inch, Natural Gas
- 4. Kenyon B70400 Texan All Seasons Built-In Electric Grill
- 5. LION L75000 Built-in Premium BBQ Liquid Propane Grill
- 6. Twin Eagles Built-In Salamangrill (TESG24-N), 24-Inch, Natural Gas
- Frequently Asked Questions