Did you know that the attention span of the average human is only 8 seconds, compared to 12 seconds, 18 years ago?
The reason for that is the fast technological advances in smartphones and social media. People seem to be less focused compared to the times when social media is still in its infancy,
In all aspects of our lives, people seem to want everything faster and patience is something that is in short supply these days. Which brings us to infrared grills. What makes it popular and why more and more people embrace it?
In this article, we will discuss the 5 Best Infrared Grill Reviews for 2022 with all its benefits.
Top 5 Best Infrared Grill Reviews for 2022
1. Char-Broil 17602048 TRU Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, Black, 240
Char-Broil is a known brand that has been making grills since 1948. They are one of the first to introduce the charcoal grill. That’s seven decades of grill experience
It’s no surprise then that they are always at the forefront of innovation when it comes to grills.
The Char-Broil TRU Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill is a portable Infrared cooking system that allows you to cook your food evenly and with fewer flare-ups, and juicier every time.
The 240 square-inch grilling surface with 80 square-inch warming rack is capable of grilling 8-12 burgers. The porcelain-coated cast iron Premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and easy-to-clean. The folding side shelves provide additional work and prep space, and two large wheels for mobility.
This portable Infrared Patio Bistro Electric grill features an easy to use temperature control knob, storage rack, cord Management and easy to reach large capacity grease tray.
It’s the perfect electric grill for those who do not wish to use charcoal or gas fuel. It’s great for small spaces such as apartments, condos, balconies, and patios. Just plug it into any standard 120-volt outlet and you can start grilling.
- Char-Broil TRU Infrared technology
- Great for small spaces
- Compact but powerful
- Cast-iron premium cooking grates are rust-resistant and easy to clean
- Folding side shelves for additional space
- Large capacity grease tray
- Less flare-ups compared to charcoal and gas grills
- Takes time to assemble
2. Napoleon P500RSIBPSS-3, Stainless Steel Prestige 500 Propane Gas Grill with Infrared Side and Rear Burners
Next on our list is a familiar name in grills. Napoleon P500 Stainless Steel Prestige 500 is one of the best Napoleon grills with infrared side and rear burners.
It has 4 stainless steel main burners that produce a powerful 48,000 BTUs. It also has a stainless steel sear plates that provided even heat with their layered positioning. The 500 square-inch cooking surface can cook 31 burgers at once. An extra 260 square-inch of space for the warming rack and another 140 square-inch on your side burner make this a highly-versatile grill.
The flame-throwing Jetfire ignition system on each main burner guarantees quick start-up every single time. It also has an added back up feature of a back channel between burners to allow them to light off each other.
A mind-boggling 1800 degrees for the infrared Sizzle Zone side burner, is capable of producing steakhouse-quality steak every time. You can also enjoy rotisserie-cooked food with the 18,000 BTU infrared rear burner and the Napoleon heavy duty rotisserie kit included with purchase.
This is one feature-packed grill that is sure to add color and sizzle to your backyard!
- 4 Stainless steel main burners
- Side and rear burner for additional cooking space
- 500 square-inch main cooking area
- Napoleon’s signature Jetfire flame-throwing ignition system
- Infrared side burner capable of 1800 degree heat for searing steaks
- Rotisserie system
- The two-door and side handles are made of plastic
3. Solaire SOL-IR8A Anywhere Mini Personal Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
The Solaire is a curious-looking infrared propane gas grill. Made of real infrared ceramic and stainless steel burner with electronic push-button ignition. A 48 square-inch grilling area that can fit two 4-inch burgers on a special v-grate that improves flavor and eliminates flare-ups. It redirects the smoke back to the food with the drippings.
Very portable and great for small places such as apartments, condos, decks or patios. It’s great for searing as it can reach a high temperature in a short period.
- Real infrared ceramic and stainless steel burner
- Eliminates flare-ups with its special v-grate and improves flavor
- Very small cooking surface
4. Blaze Grills 40″ 5-Burner Built-In Gas Grill with Rear Infrared Burner
This Blaze Grill with a 40” 5-Burner Built-In Gas Grill with Rear Infrared Burner has a cooking surface of 915 square inches.
It has a flame stabilizing grids that minimize flare-ups while adding a grilled flavor. Heat zone separators divide the cooking surface into individual temperature zones. It delivers fast start every time with its push and turn flame-thrower ignition system. A flash tube ignition and crossovers provide an alternate ignition option.
It has a removable warming rack and total grill cooking power of 80,000 BTUs for the main burners. Heavy 8mm cooking rods for heat retention and maximum durability. The infrared rear rotisserie burner produces 10,000 BTUs of cooking power.
The Blaze Grill is made from a stainless steel construction and a double-lined grill hood that protects the outer layer from heat discoloration and maintains more heat inside the cooking surface. To show how confident they are with their product, they are offering a lifetime warranty for cooking grids, housings, and burners.
- 915 square-inch cooking surface
- Flame stabilizing grids that minimize flare-ups
- Heat zone separators for individual temperature zones
- Flame-thrower ignition system for fast start
- 8mm cooking rods for heat retention and durability
- Infrared rear rotisserie burner with 10,000 BTUs
- Double-lined grill hood that maintains heat
- Lifetime warranty on grids, housings, and burners
- A bit expensive
5. Dutton Single Gas Grill Square-Box Steak, Pizza, BBQ Propane Infrared Grilling | Efficient Heating Element
Don’t let the looks fool you, the Dutton Single Gas Grill is a powerful grill that can reach 1500⁰F in just minutes. It’s a versatile, portable gas grill, that can be used to cook all types of food, such as steaks, burgers, pizza, lamb chops, and more.
It’s light and portable which is good for picnic, camping, or tailgating. It can be used for hosting parties in the backyard. Its one push-start ignition allows for easy start, and fires up the oven in seconds.
The powerful infrared grill system is capable of searing steaks, lamb chops, and other types of food. The propane grill system heats up quickly and provides even heat distribution and cooking.
Crafted with food-grade safe 430 stainless steel, this gas grill is easy to assemble, disassemble, clean, and is dishwasher friendly. It’s a feature-packed compact grill that is reasonable in price.
- Versatile and durable
- Powerful infrared system capable of producing 1500⁰F in just minutes
- Portable, good for a picnic, camping, and tailgating
- One push-start ignition
- Food grade 430 stainless steel for easy assemble, disassemble, and clean
- Dish-washer friendly
- Assembly may take a bit more time
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Infrared and how does it work?
Infrared burners use radiation to cook food instead of convection. Many of the new models of Infrared grills direct airflow away from the food, provide high-temperature, and diffused infrared heat to cook food evenly and faster than a traditional grill.
Are Infrared Grills better than Gas Grills?
Infrared Grills cook faster than Gas Grills because it focuses on heating the surface than relying on air circulation to cook the food. Infrared Grills are also capable of retaining more moisture during cooking. Although Infrared grills offer the ability to adjust heat, it requires much care as to not burn the food than that of a food that is grilled on a Gas grill because Infrared grills cook food at a much faster rate.
What are the pros and cons of cooking with an Infrared Grill?
The main advantage of cooking with an Infrared grill is that it cooks food much faster than a traditional grill and is also not prone to flare-ups. The main disadvantage is that it costs more and since it heats fast, it can quickly burn food.
Infrared grills are becoming more and more popular as compared to previous years. People have seen the advantage of having an infrared either as a stand-alone grill or in combination with an electric or gas grill such as all the grills that in our review.
The power of infrared to heat the food fast and reach maximum temperature within minutes is the big advantage that it has over a charcoal grill or a gas grill.
While some still prefer charcoal or gas grills over infrared grills, the fact remains that infrared grills are here to stay because of the value that they bring. While it is still not a perfect technology, more improvements are seen in every variation of existing models. The fear of having to closely watch what you’re cooking using an infrared because of the possibility of overcooking is less now compared to say 2 or 3 years ago.
You will read about glowing reviews by infrared grill owners and that will already give you an idea of how people are warming up to infrared grills. Our list of the best-infrared grills here are chosen because of their features and performance, including their price range. While some may be more expensive than the others, it will depend on your needs and requirements. Either way, you can never go wrong in choosing one among the 5 on our list here. Good luck!
- Top 5 Best Infrared Grill Reviews for 2022
- 1. Char-Broil 17602048 TRU Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill, Black, 240
- 2. Napoleon P500RSIBPSS-3, Stainless Steel Prestige 500 Propane Gas Grill with Infrared Side and Rear Burners
- 3. Solaire SOL-IR8A Anywhere Mini Personal Infrared Propane Gas Grill, Stainless Steel
- 4. Blaze Grills 40″ 5-Burner Built-In Gas Grill with Rear Infrared Burner
- 5. Dutton Single Gas Grill Square-Box Steak, Pizza, BBQ Propane Infrared Grilling | Efficient Heating Element
- Frequently Asked Questions