What’s good about the great outdoors? The clean, fresh air accompanied by great food.
Nothing beats the taste of a savory barbeque is something that we all look forward to when we go on camping. With the latest camping gear and state-of-the-art outdoor grills, you can grill all you want wherever you are.
When it comes to outdoor cooking, Camp Chef is the leader in grills and smokers. It is one of the most trusted brands and has redefined the way you enjoy outdoor cooking. With many models coming out from the company, choosing the best outdoor pellet grill and smokers can be daunting.
Luckily, you don’t have to research on your own. We have rounded up the ten best Camp Chef Pellet Grill Reviews in this article. Our review will take a deep dive into the features, performance, and feedback from those who have used these pellet grills.
Camp Chef Pellet Grill Reviews
1. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill – The Best Camp Pellet Grill in Town
This premium pellet grill is definitely a must-have for those who love the outdoors. What’s not to love. It is made from thick steel that is durable and built to last. The grills are made for heavy-duty cooking, enough to cook for an army. It is designed based on the home griller and has a built-in feature that simplifies the smoking process. It includes a digital temperature reading, so you don’t have to guess on your cooking process.
There is also advanced digital temperature control, auto shut-off mode, electronic ignition, meat probe, and a very convenient facility that takes out the ash. With all these features, you can cook your food without much effort and efficiently. You can braise, bake, grill, sear, roast, or braise any kind of food in this grill because it has a wide temperature range from 160 to 500 degrees. What’s more, you can have slow-cooked your food to get all that smoky flavor in a straightforward step.
- The large-capacity pellet hopper does not require frequent refilling
- It has an automatic pellet auger that feeds wood pellets only when needed.
- Large cooking surface
- Easy to clean up
- You need to vacuum the ash at the bottom
- Hard to remove the unused pellets from the hopper
2. Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with WiFi & Bluetooth – Top of the Line Grill and Smoker
For those who want to upgrade their Camp Chef pellet grill now is the time with this new Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker that has WIFI and Bluetooth connection to control the cooking temperature. All you need to do is to download the app on your phone and you’re good to go. It also has four meat probes, so you don’t have to do the guesswork if your food is good. The smoke control with setting from 1 to 10 lets you choose your smoke level, and its grilling temperature covers a wide range from 160 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. We like the slide and grill technology feature of this product because it allows direct flame cooking.
It has a broader surface area for grilling, too, and you’ve got three options to choose from based on your cooking requirement. Now you can cook your favorite meals in volumes without hassle. The hopper capacity is enough for a regular filling, and with the convenient ash clean-out system, cleanup is easy.
- Feature-filled grill and smoke
- Convenient ash cleanout system
- Regulated temperature
- Adjustable smoke levels
- No front shelf for organizing tools
- The app needs improvement
3. Camp Chef Wi-Fi Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker With Sidekick (PG14) – For the Perfect Sear and Restaurant-Style Grill Marks
Here is another model from the Woodwind series that is a feature-filled grill and equipped with the innovative Wi-Fi and PID controller that will let you stay connected with the grill using the Camp Chef app. You can monitor the temperature of the grill, change the smoke settings, and set notifications on your while doing other things.
This model has four meat probes and Sidekick that is compatible with accessories for enhanced grilling experience. You can also control the temperature settings and smoke level for more customized cooking for your favorite barbeque dish. Like any other Woodwind model, it also has the slide and grill technology, which lets you cook on the direct flame at 650 degrees F temperature. The patented ash clean-out system is also present here.
- Allows for easy installation
- The Wi-Fi PID allows for convenient grilling and smoking
- Different smoke levels allow for a different flavor
- Hopper has pellet control
- The lid is not attached properly
- A little expensive than the rest of the options
4. Camp Chef 36 in Wi-Fi Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with Sear Box – The Sear Box Made the Difference
If you are looking for a complete grill and smoker from Camp Chef that can accommodate all your grilling requirements, then you have to look further for Camp Chef 36 in Wi-Fi Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with Sear Box is here. As part of the Woodwind series, this model has the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth PID controller that allows you to control the cooking temperature and smoke settings remotely with the Camp Chef app.
It also has the Slide and Grill technology, which allows you to cook your food directly on the flame even at 650 degrees Fahrenheit. With Ash-Kickin’ clean-out technology, you can remove the ashes with just a simple pull on the knob. The ashes will fall into the removable cup. The difference of this grill is the expanded chamber that allows for bigger cooking capacity.
- Bigger cooking capacity with Sear Box
- Wider grill temperature range
- Remote access to monitor the cooking progress
- Easy to clean
- Power output may not be the same when cooking on all burners
- Quite large for small group
5. Camp Chef 24 in. Wi-Fi Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker with Sear Box
This model from the Camp Chef Woodwind series is smaller than the other models that made it one this list. It has the same features, including the innovative PID and Wi-Fi, enabled controller that keeps you connected with the grill. This feature allows you to monitor and control its temperature and smoke for a more customized flavor of your grilled item.
The state-of-the-art Ash Kickin’ Cleanout is also present here for easy cleaning along with the four meat probes and the Slide and Grill. The latter allows you to switch between direct and indirect flame for a flame easily kissed grilled product with a wide range of temperature options from 160 to 650 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Easy to clean
- Easy to monitor meat temperature
- Can change between direct and indirect flame
- The sear box gives a different dimension to grilling
- Has low output
6. Camp Chef SmokePro SG Wood Pellet Grill Smoker – The Grill with Slide and Sear Feature
This Camp Chef SmokePro is all you need for your camping and tailgating activities. It is a pellet grill that has a slide and sear feature with a large grilling surface of 811 square inches. Aside from the surface area, it also has an electric auto igniter, an automatic auger, and a simple temperature select system. The dual meat probe with temperature readout allows you to monitor the progress of your grilling, so you don’t have to babysit your grill and do other activities.
The large hopper capacity means you don’t have to refill your pellets frequently. Cleaning is a breeze with its Ash clean-out and pellet hopper clean-out. All in all, grilling and smoking is a breeze when you have the Camp Chef SmokePro SG by your side.
- Taller and bigger hopper
- Double cooking options with the sliding grill
- Convenient clean-out system
- Searing capable of flame-kissed products
- Sealing the lid is needed for the smoke not to get out
- The top shelf may slide out
7. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker – Heavy Duty Grill and Smoker
If you are looking for a heavy-duty grill and smoker, then this Camp Chef SmokePro DLX is a perfect choice. It can withstand heavy use with ample rack space with one cooking rack and utility rack for more convenience. It also has a large hopper train to accommodate large quantities of wood pellets, a sear box, and auto auger. This grill is made with black porcelain, which makes it unique and protects it from rust.
There is no need to babysit the grill while cooking as it has a digital temperature control and probe thermometer fed into the LED temperature readout. The covered grilling allows the consistent temperature in the grill. Using this grill is easy as it has an auto-start ignition and auto shutdown. It also allows for maneuverability with two wheels on its feet.
- Offers 3-year warranty
- With multiple grilling plus shelving space
- Adequate temperature control
- Sear box for cooking convenience
- Heavier than other models
- A bit expensive
8. Camp Chef 36 in Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity – Large Capacity Grill and Smoker
This Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker model have the largest capacity for you to cook and entertain a large number of guests to your heart’s delight. The rack surface area is big enough to accommodate simultaneous grilling. It is also ready for sear box or Sidekick for a restaurant-style grill mark or addition of cast iron griddle, which you can purchase separately.
Just like the other Woodwind models, it is equipped with lots of features for your grilling convenience. It includes the Ash-Kickin’ Clean-out for easy ash cleaning, four meat probes to monitor the meat temperature, slide & grill that gives you two options for flame mode and the expanded cooking capacity. You will also like the remote access to control the temperature and smoke setting through the Camp Chef app.
- Easy to set up
- Great app to monitor the meat and grill temperature
- Top-notch quality
- Convenient cleaning
- The lid could be improved
- More on the pricey side
9. Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill – The Most Accurate Digital Pellet Grill and Smoker
This model of Camp Chef Pellet Grill offers an enhanced open-air cooking experience. It is loaded with rich features for you to have a convenient smoking process. Thanks to its innovative digital temperature chip, it has a steady temperature and provides consistent cooking.
You don’t have to worry about clean up here because it has the Ash Can Cleanout System, which is a patented technology for Camp Chef pellet grills. It is the most innovatively designed smoker that offers low and slow smoking. The grilling area is extra-large too so you can invite your family and friends for a great barbeque party. Other excellent features include auto-start ignition, dual-LED temperature readout, automatic auger for consistent heat management, and stainless-steel probe.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
- With extended warming rack
- Large capacity grilling
- Slow smoking and grilling options
- Some paint chipping may occur
10. Camp Chef Woodwind Classic Pellet Grill with Smart Smoke Technology – The Best Value for Money Option
This pellet grill has a lot of features that meet all your cooking requirements. First, the whole firebox and grill are made from stainless steel, which means it is durable. It also has a simple yet very useful ash clean-out system that makes cleaning easy. The guesswork was removed from your cooking because this grill has a digital temperature display where you can see the internal food temperature and cooking temperature.
The Smart Smoke Technology maintains the cooking temperature so that you have a +/- 15 degrees on any selected temperature. Plus, it has a wide cooking surface, an automatic auger that dispenses the pellets when needed. This grill has everything you are looking for and more.
- Larger cooking space
- It has a digital display for cooking temperature and internal meat temperature
- Evenly heated and perfectly cooked food
- Easy to clean
- It does not smoke very well
The Camp Chef lines of pellet grills and smokers certainly did not disappoint. Each of the models we have included in our list has the features that you need for a grill and a smoker, with some added extra.
For our Top Pick, we recommend the Camp Chef PG24DLX Deluxe Pellet grill. It has a super convenient fully automated system and has the highest number of positive features that you are looking for in a Camp Chef grill and smoker. Its many excellent features certainly gives value for money.
- Camp Chef Pellet Grill Reviews
- 1. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill – The Best Camp Pellet Grill in Town
- 2. Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with WiFi & Bluetooth – Top of the Line Grill and Smoker
- 3. Camp Chef Wi-Fi Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker With Sidekick (PG14) – For the Perfect Sear and Restaurant-Style Grill Marks
- 4. Camp Chef 36 in Wi-Fi Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with Sear Box – The Sear Box Made the Difference
- 5. Camp Chef 24 in. Wi-Fi Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker with Sear Box
- 6. Camp Chef SmokePro SG Wood Pellet Grill Smoker – The Grill with Slide and Sear Feature
- 7. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker – Heavy Duty Grill and Smoker
- 8. Camp Chef 36 in Woodwind Pellet Grill and Smoker with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity – Large Capacity Grill and Smoker
- 9. Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill – The Most Accurate Digital Pellet Grill and Smoker
- 10. Camp Chef Woodwind Classic Pellet Grill with Smart Smoke Technology – The Best Value for Money Option