While Dyna Glo Grills may not be as popular as other grills that have long dominated the market, it is quietly making its presence felt.
Known for manufacturing a variety of home and commercial grade products for fireplaces, log sets, and heating equipment, they are also recognized for producing quality grills for some time.
While it’s true that most high-quality grills are expensive, it’s still possible to find grills that offer quality at a price that is in the lower range of the spectrum.
Buying quality grills should not put holes in your pocket. Price should not only be the factor to consider when choosing quality grills, that produce great food, and will last for years.
We present to you the five (5) Best Dyna Glo Grill Reviews for 2020 that won’t break the bank and will put a smile on your face. Here they are in no particular order:
Dyna-Glo Grill Reviews
1. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D Heavy-Duty Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker & Grill
This vertical charcoal smoker and grill is made from heavy-gauge steel body construction. With its massive 1,382 square-inch cooking space, this grill is built for cooking a great amount of food from ribs, brisket, sausages, burgers, steaks, and much more. With its excellent design at a low price point, it’s hard not to notice this smoker.
The large cooking surface features pre-installed chrome-plated sausage hooks, and five chrome-plated cooking grates to accommodate multiple varieties of food sizes and shapes. A professional-grade temperature gauge features a smoke-zone, which indicates the ideal temperatures for infusing the perfect amount of smoke flavor.
The cool-touch handles allow you safe access to food and fuel while cooking without any worries. The offset fire-box doubles as a grill that features porcelain-coated cooking grates for searing and locking in natural food juices. It’s also perfect for finishing ribs that came from the main cooking area.
A side tray slides out for easy access to charcoal or fuel while minimizing heat loss. It’s also convenient to remove for easy cleanup. It also features adjustable air vents for controlling the temperature to your desired level. An oversized steel wheels are ideal for moving it around in your backyard and for transport.
Being an offset smoker, it means that the heat from the smoke will cook the food and not the direct heat allowing for an evenly cooked and flavorful food. The advantage of a vertical smoker to a horizontal one is the even cooking with no need for turning the food over. Just don’t overload the cooking racks especially with jerky to avoid loss of airflow. Enough spacing must be observed to let it “breathe”.
Easy to assemble and a joy to cook multiple foods with, this Signature Series from Dyna Glo is a great value for money when it comes to design and features.
- Large cooking space
- Fire-box that can double as a grill
- Cool-touch handles for safe and easy access to food and fuel
- Chrome-plated sausage hooks and cooking grates
- Built-in lid temperature gauge for monitoring
- Side tray for easy access to charcoal even during cooking
- Adjustable air vents for controlled temperature
- Oversized steel wheels for easy mobility and transport
- Not too thick steel construction may need more care
- May tend to leak a bit of smoke even after closing the lid
2. Dyna-Glo DGD381BNC-D Compact Charcoal Grill
This compact charcoal grill from Dyna-Glo ticks off a lot of boxes. It is compact yet has a generous 545 square-inch of total cooking surface. With porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates, maximum heat transfer and searing capability is assured.
The adjustable charcoal tray with a few turns of the crank is a feature that is hard to find in most charcoal grill of this size, or any charcoal grill for that matter. With the adjustable charcoal tray, you are assured that searing your steak will be fast and delicious.
This charcoal grill provides customized temperature and flavor control, with an adjustable smokestack and sliding side dampers. The steel access door provides easy access for reloading or stoking the charcoal, anytime during the cooking process. The removable large capacity ash pan provides quick and easy clean up once you’re done with your cooking.
The grill features heavy-duty resin-wheels for easy mobility, a stainless steel temperature gauge, and a folding side shelf that can be used for food prepping. It also features a bottom storage shelf for storing charcoal and grilling tools and accessories for easy access.
Design and feature-wise, this Dyna-Glo Compact Charcoal Grill is a steal when it comes to its price. And so if you’re looking for a compact, portable, affordable, and yet features-rich charcoal grill, look no further as this may be the one you’re searching for.
- Compact and portable but with a large cooking surface
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron grates
- Adjustable charcoal tray
- Built-in Stainless steel temperature gauge
- Steel access door for refueling even during cooking
- Removable large ash pan for easy cleaning
- Heavy-duty resin wheels for mobility and transport
- Folding side shelf for prepping or storage
- Bottom storage shelf for charcoal storage
- Some users complain of bent charcoal tray due to thin metal
3. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
The Dyna-Glo 3-Burner Smart Space Living Gas Grill features a porcelain-enameled steel firebox that houses three stainless steel burners, that deliver 36,000 total BTUs for a flexible and efficient cooking. It’s designed to fit in smaller spaces such as decks and patios.
If you’re looking for a stylish, efficient, portable, and high-performance outdoor gas grill, this may be the one for you. Its 503 square-inch total cooking space is enough to grill your favorite steaks, burgers, sausages, veggies, and more. An electric pulse ignition fires up the burners, and three individual dials to control each burner independently from one another.
The grill heats up quickly and there is no need to season the easy-to-clean, enameled cast-iron cooking grates. The three stainless steel tube burners are protected by enameled steel heat tents that ensures even heat distribution for that perfect grill!
The hood lid has an easy lift handle for opening the firebox and is designed with a double-wall liner to retain heat. The grill also features drop-down side shelves with towel bars and tool hooks on both sides. A single door cabinet below the dial knobs provides a receptacle for the propane tank and also a storage area for small items.
Four heavy-duty caster wheels for relocating or mobility. You can lock it in place with the brakes on the caster for stability during cooking. All in all, this compact yet powerful gas grill is a welcome addition to your patio or deck. Use it on weekends or even every night and you are guaranteed to produce great tasting food that you can savor and enjoy!
- Three powerful stainless steel burners
- 503 square-inch of total cooking space
- Infinity ignition
- Electronic pulse ignition with 3 individual controlled dials
- Double-walled liner to retain heat for faster cooking
- Drop-down side shelves with towel bars and tool hooks
- Single door cabinet for propane storage
- Four heavy-duty caster wheels with brakes for mobility and safety
- Perfect for patio or deck with its compact and stylish design
- Enameled steel heat tents may rust in time
4. Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D Dual Fuel Grill
Are you one of those who cannot seem to decide whether they want a gas grill or a charcoal grill in cooking their food?
If yes, then Dyna-Glo just made life easier for you with their introduction of the Dual Fuel Grill. You can now have the best of both worlds without breaking the bank. The flavorful taste of charcoal-grilled food, combined with the searing ability of the commercial-grade stainless steel burners, make this an ideal grill for all occasion.
Its 952 square-inch cooking surface is enough to grill up to 38 regular-sized hamburgers. The heavy-duty porcelain enameled cast iron cook grates retain heat to sear steaks and thick meats to lock in its natural juices.
Gas Grill Features are the following:
- Two stainless steel tube burners with 24,000 total BTUs cooking power
- Two steel enameled heat tents for even heat distribution
- Electronic pulse ignition to activate the burners
- Individual-controlled dial for temperature-controlled cooking
Charcoal Grill Features:
- Charcoal adjustment crank for customized temperature control
- Steel front access door for easy access to charcoal even during cooking
Other features include:
- Double-wall of aluminized steel for both lids for ultimate heat retention
- Raised enameled steel rack for warming foods
- Collapsible side tables with towel bars and tool hooks
- Double-door cabinet with a “tank seat” propane storage area
- Removable ash pan
- Heavy-duty caster wheels with lock for mobility and safety
- Stainless steel easy lift lid handle
- Temperature gauge
This is a great grill combination for those who prefer both charcoal and gas grill to have in their backyard without spending a fortune.
- Dual grill combination (charcoal and gas grill)
- Large cooking surface (952 square-inch)
- Stainless steel tube burners
- Built-in lid temperature gauge
- Charcoal adjustment tray
- Removable ash pan for easy cleaning
- Collapsible side-shelves for prepping and storage
- Double-door cabinet
- Heavy-duty caster wheels
- Takes time to assemble
- Some parts in the main unit may be prone to rust
5. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS962CBO-D Barrel Charcoal Grill & Side Firebox
Another Signature Series from Dyna-Glo is this Barrel Charcoal Grill & Side Firebox. It provides durability, high-performance, and durability. With a total cooking area of 962 square inches, it can grill up to 40 regular-sized burgers at one time. The porcelain-enameled steel cooking grates allow for maximum heat transfer and searing.
It features an off-set firebox that provides additional cooking space or off-set smoking functionality. The whole unit is constructed using heavy-gauge steel, and features a large front work-station that collapses for space-saving storage.
The cool-touch handle allows safe access to the firebox or the fuel tray. Porcelain-enameled steel cooking grates retain heat to sear food and lock in natural juices. It also has a professional-grade stainless steel temperature gauge that allows for temperature monitoring while grilling and smoking.
The off-set firebox features a side access tray conveniently slides out to provide easy access to fuel and can be removed as a whole for a hassle-free cleaning. An oversized steel wheels allow easy mobility and portability when used for camping, picnic, or tailgating.
This is a well-designed, well-built, features-laden Charcoal grill and smoker, that is sure to make grilling a hassle-free and fun experience for you and the whole family!
- 962 square-inch of cooking surface
- Off-set firebox for additional grilling space
- Porcelain-enameled cooking grates
- Cool-touch handle for safety
- Professional-grade stainless steel temperature gauge
- Large foldable front work-station
- Side access tray for easy fuel access and for cleaning
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates for faster cooking
- Bottom shelf for charcoal or grill tools storage
- Oversized steel wheels for transport and mobility
- No ashtray/pan on the main chamber
Frequently Asked Questions
Are dual or combination grills durable?
Yes especially if made by a reputable grill company. There is usually no compromise in terms of durability for a dual grill (charcoal and gas), since the materials used are the same. The only compromise made is on the cooking surface because both have a separate cooking space. But in terms of the quality of materials used, it’s the same for a dedicated charcoal grill or gas grill for the combination grills.
Why is an off-set firebox ideal for a grill?
Because aside from its main purpose to add smoke flavor to the food being grilled, it can also serve as an additional grilling space.
What’s the difference between a vertical and horizontal grill?
The vertical grill allows for an even cooking as the food being grilled will not have a “hot” and a “cold” side since the heat will evenly cook it. Since hot air rises, the heat from the charcoal or smoker rises and cooks the food evenly. Unlike in a horizontal grill where you need to turn the meat to have an even cooking, that is no longer required for foods in vertical grills.
Dyna-Glo with its years of experience in grill production, has proven that they belong among the best grill makers in the highly-competitive world of grills. Design and features wise, they can compete with the top grill makers, and the great pricing of their products gives them a lot of advantage against their competitors.
Our list of the five best Dyna-Glo Grills for 2020 only proves that they are capable of producing high-quality grills and offer one of the most reasonable price points in the market. While some of the materials may not be at par with other top brands in terms of durability, the price should make you consider why it makes sense to buy Dyna-Glo.
You will read reviews from satisfied owners of Dyna-Glo grill products that they are satisfied and some have become loyal customers over the years. It just shows that with proper care and maintenance, most if not all Dyna-Glo grills, will serve your grilling needs for years to come.
Whatever you choose based on your current needs, there’s always a Dyna-Glo grill that will dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s for you. Good luck!
- Dyna-Glo Grill Reviews
- 1. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D Heavy-Duty Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker & Grill
- 2. Dyna-Glo DGD381BNC-D Compact Charcoal Grill
- 3. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living 36,000 BTU 3-Burner LP Gas Grill
- 4. Dyna-Glo DGB730SNB-D Dual Fuel Grill
- 5. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS962CBO-D Barrel Charcoal Grill & Side Firebox
- Frequently Asked Questions